School-Based Health Centers
When children are healthy and fit, they do better in the classroom. That's the idea behind BCHN’s school-based health centers.
Like a primary care health clinic but located in the neighborhood school, our school based-health centers provide children with regular medical care, dental care and mental health services at no cost to families. In most cases, students do not need to miss school to get the help they need.
For a complete list of services available at our school-based health centers, click here.
Who can receive care at the school-based health centers?
Any student who attends a school with a BCHN-sponsored health center may register to use the health center. However, a signed parental consent form is necessary to enroll students under the age of 18. Services are available at no cost and health insurance is not required. If the student has health insurance, your insurance may be billed for the visit.
BCHN school-based health care team
At BCHN’s school-based health centers, your child will be treated by a highly qualified health care team that includes pediatricians, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and psychologists, social workers, and dentists--all working as a team to provide your child with the best possible care.
Benefits to getting care at our school-based health centers:
Adlai E. Stevenson Educational Campus Health Center
- Convenience. Our health care services are available at the neighborhood school all year round.
- Comprehensive pediatric and adolescent care from qualified health care medical, dental, and mental health professionals is available under one roof.
- Affordable. There is no direct cost to students or families.
- Educational. Our school-based centers teach children skills for healthy living or managing chronic health conditions in a familiar environment.
- Compassionate. By getting to know your children over time, we develop close relationships, build trust, and take some of the anxiety out of health care visits.
- Culturally competent. Our health centers offer translation/interpretation services in multiple languages and TTY services for the hearing impaired.
1980 Lafayette Avenue
(Lafayette Ave and Pugsley Ave)
Bronx, NY 10473
DeWitt Clinton High School Health Center
100 West Mosholu Parkway South
(Mosholu Pkwy South and Paul Ave)
Bronx, NY 10468
Mott Haven Campus Health Center
730 Concourse Village West
(Concourse Village West and Thurman Munson Way)
Bronx, New York 10451
South Bronx High School Health Center
710 Saint Anns Avenue
(E 156th St and St. Ann's Ave)
Bronx, NY 10455
Walton Campus Health Center
2780 Reservoir Avenue
(W 195th St and Reservoir Ave)
Bronx, NY 10468
William Howard Taft Campus Health Center
240 E. 172nd Street
(E 172nd St and Sheridan Ave)
Bronx, NY 10457