List of Services
Services at our community-based health centers:
Our community-based health centers offer full range of medical, dental, and mental health care and support services for adults and children including:
Adult and Pediatric Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Family Planning
- HIV Primary Medical Care
- Behavioral/Mental Health Care
- Adult and Pediatric Dental Care
* Preventive: tooth cleaning, X-ray, oral examination, etc.
* Treatment: Filling, root canal, crown, bridges, etc.
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Sexual Health Services for Teens (more info)
- Referrals to Diagnostic and Specialty Services
- Nutrition Counseling
- Health Education
- Low Cost Pharmacy
Services at our school-based health centers:
BCHN's comprehensive medical, dental, mental health, and support services are available for children at three schools in the Bronx. Our services:
- Medical care and treatment when students are ill so they can get diagnosed and treated early, limit infection of classmates and siblings, and return to school sooner.
- Well visits and childhood immunizations, so children stay well and avoid preventable illnesses.
- Health screenings to diagnose and treat vision, hearing, developmental and other problems before they become more serious.
- Pediatric dentistry
- Confidential sexual health services including pregnancy testing and family planning. (more info)
BCHN's school-based health centers also offer fun, educational programs that promote wellness, nutrition, fitness, and healthy lifestyle choices. Programs like:
- "Back to School with Asthma," an educational program for parents and children that helps children manage the disease and prevent attacks.
- "Fitness in the Classroom," the "Healthy Kids Project," and other programs that get kids moving and making better food choices.
- Nutrition & Cooking classes to teach kids skills for a lifetime of good health programs.