Community Health Worker and Patient Navigation Programs
As a core member of the patient care team, community health workers and patient navigators assist patients in the following:
CARE COORDINATION & NAVIGATION
SCREENINGS AND ENROLLMENT
- Assess patient barriers and reconnect them to their care teams.
- Coordinate referrals to and from social service providers.
- Assist patients in locating providers and other social services.
- Escort patients to appointments as needed.
- Coordinate health screenings such as:
* HIV Tests
- Assist patient/clients with:
* Enrollment into the New York State Marketplace insurance plans.
* Eligibility screening for over 30 federal and state benefit programs.
- Assist patients/clients with online applications for:
* Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
* Rent Increase Exemptions
LINKAGE AND REFFERAL
- Identify community residents without a primary care provider and/or health insurance and link them to affordable quality healthcare.
- Identify referral organizations for special services, social services and other community resources such as:
* Food Pantries
* SNAP Benefits
* Other Programs
HEALTH PROMOTION & COACHING
* Health Fairs
* One-on-One Sessions
- Conduct in-home environmental assessments, intake, screening, education, referrals and linkages.
- Promote treatment and adherence.
For more information on the Community Health Promotion and Education Program, email email@example.com
, or call us at (718) 405-7720.